Things to do in Chelsea NYC
If you're looking for a list of things to do in Chelsea NYC during your stay in the Big Apple, look no further. We're within minutes from many fun neighborhoods, top-notch restaurants, and exciting nightlife. The western part of Chelsea has become a center of the New York art world, with many art galleries located in both new buildings and rehabilitated warehouses.
- High Line (1.2 mi.): A relative newcomer to the NYC attraction scene, this Manhattan park is already the hottest "free" ticket in town. The High Line is a public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side.
- Chelsea Market (1.4 mi.): Enjoy New York City's urban food court and shopping mall. With more than thirty-five vendors purveying everything from soup to nuts, wine to coffee, cheese to cheesecake, there is something for everyone.
- Eataly (0.6 mi.): Treat yourself at this high-end Italian food market featuring a variety of restaurants, food/beverage stations, bakery, retail, cooking classes, and rooftop wine bar.
- Chelsea Piers (1.6 mi.): Inject some excitement and fun into your trip to the Big Apple. Golf, bowl, skate, rock climb, tumble, or sail - Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex has something for the entire family to enjoy.
- Madison Square Park (0.6 mi.): Stroll through Madison Square Park, grab a burger and milkshake from the original Shake Shack location, relax, enjoy a good read on a bench or enjoy one of NYC's favorite pastime, people watching.
- Highline Ballroom (1.1 mi.): Catch a concert or tear up the dance floor at this music venue and nightclub.
- The Joyce Theater (0.7 mi.): Indulge in the art of dance at this 472-seat dance performance venue.
- Clearview Chelsea Theater (0.6 mi.): Looking for a quiet night in? Visit this family-owned movie theater. Enjoy some of your box office favorites and munch of a bag of buttery popcorn.
- Madison Square Garden (0.6 mi.): Enjoy your evening at one of the most popular venues in the U.S. From sports to concerts, there is a little bit of everything featured at this world-famous arena.
- Flatiron District (0.5 mi.): The Flatiron District is an exciting destination for design buffs, shoppers on the hunt for quirky items and foodies in search of some of the City's best cuisine. The neighborhood is also known for its amazing cast-iron architecture. That's only fitting, considering the artistically minded consumers who venture there for the area's well-known design, photography, clothing, and stationery stores.
- Meatpacking District (1.8 mi.): Shop around NYC's most fashionable neighborhood full of hip restaurants, exclusive clubs, and paycheck-draining boutiques. From Jeffrey NYC to Intermix, Theory, and Vince to La Perla, Alice & Olivia, Diane Von Furstenberg, Louboutin and more.
- Rubin Museum of Art (0.8 mi.): The Rubin Museum of Art is an arts and cultural hub in New York City’s vibrant Chelsea neighborhood that inspires visitors to make connections between contemporary life and the art and ideas of the Himalayas and neighboring regions including India. Experience some art and history as you explore the city.
- The Whitney Museum of Art (1.7 mi.): The Whitney’s collection includes over 22,000 works created by more than 3,000 artists in the United States during the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Explore some beautiful art as you take in this unique city.
- Apple Store
- Barney's Co-op
- Barracuda Bar
- Bounce Sporting Club
- Chelsea Market
- Chelsea Piers
- Clearview Chelsea Cinema
- Clement Clarke Moore Park
- Del Posto
- Elmo Restaurant
- Empire State Building
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Flatiron District
- G Lounge
- Gym Sportsbar
- High Line
- Highline Ballroom
- Hill Country Barbecue
- Jake's Saloon
- Jeffrey New York
- LGBT Center
- Madison Square Garden
- Madison Square Park
- Meatpacking District
- Metropolitan Pavillion
- Museum of Sex
- Rubin Museum of Art
- Shake Shack - Original location
- The Joyce Theater
- The Meatball Shop
- The Tippler
- Trader Joe's
- Union Square Cafe
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- Whole Foods Market
- XES Lounge